We Offer Special Education Advocacy
Special Education Advocates meet with parents of students with disabilities to assist them with navigating through the school system to determine an appropriate education program which will meet their child’s needs. The Advocate will provide assistance and education with the Individualized Education Plan, (IEP) or 504 Plan. The goal of Marage Homes is to help parents become self-advocates so that their child(ren) will stay in school and reach their educational goals.
What we do:
- Represent the best interests of the student in the school system educational process.
- Maintain familiarity with the laws and inform parents of their rights and suggests appropriate special education services and programs to meet the individual needs of students. If need be, he/she will research a specific legal issue that is central to your case or your Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Maintaining knowledge of common assessments and reports so that they may be thoroughly articulated to parents and explained with regards to the educational needs of each child.
- Preparation for the IEP program meeting which includes proposing goals and objectives, reviewing supportive evidence and materials, helping to put concerns and requests in writing, and providing strategies for the IEP meeting.
- Review all special education and section 504 documents, including student files, assessment reports, IEPs and Section 504 Plans.
- We accompany parents to IEP, Section 504, and other school meetings and provide advice and assistance as needed throughout the IEP process
Marage Homes provides a FREE 30-minute consultation.
Please contact us at (757) 240-7466 or (757) 985-4740 for more info.